CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

this is an update on what else...my mission papers. this is an explanation to the "have you got your call yet" questions that i have been getting on a daily basis.

yes, tomorrow will be 3 weeks from when my papers got sent in. my call has been issued, i checked with my stake executive secretary. i checked because i was starting to wonder but he said 2-3ish weeks is normal so im not worried anymore about the timing.

BUT ....here is the issue.

my mail is all messed up. i moved about a month ago and had my mail forwarded to my new address. about a week and a half ago i realized i hadn't been getting any fwd mail yet so i checked with the post office and they assured me that everything had gone though and nothing was going to my old apartment address, my mail should be coming, and they weren't holding anything.
fast forward to a few days ago...2 days in a row i get phone calls saying that mail they have sent to me has been returned with "no forwarding address" on the envelopes. i freak out and get mad at the same time because the post office LIED to me (mad) and because my mission call could be sent BACK to salt lake and if that happens i wouldn't end up getting my call for 2+ more weeks on top of the 3 that its been (freak out).
i call my dad 'cause he will know what to do and it will help me calm down. this is in the middle of the day and when i call something hilarious must have been happening 'cause he was half laughing from the start to the finish-not about my situation but whatever was happening on his end. ha ha. anyways, he gave me some good ideas and i felt overall better after talking to him (even though i knew he was distracted by something!)
so, after catching the mail carrier at my old apartment complex (not an idea of my dads though) who was just a fill in for the day and didn't have much to offer, except mail in my old mailbox with NO forwarding stickers on them (the fact that they were even in there was wrong).
so i talked to the apt officer managers and they called the new tenants and so hopefully when my call comes the new tenant will bring it to the apartment office instead of sending it back to the black hole of the post office.
and i have become a mail carrier's stalker. but i have missed the mail carrier for the last 2 days cause she come around 4pm and i get off work at 4ish. but tomorrow hopefully i'll catch her and then as she puts the mail in all the boxes if there is anything for me i can get it directly from her. and if not there is always next week. or the next. after all, steve said his took 32 days to come. i dont want to beat his record though!

and while im thinking about it and because i had to go to the mall this week...

i wish the style of pregnant/babydoll/gathered shirts would go OUT of style already!!!
if you have been fashon/tv/people deprived, this is an example of what im talking about...
http://www.target.com/Juniors-Xhilaration-Border-Print-Tunic-Top/dp/B000TMAVQC/ref=br_1_7/602-1763397-0382201?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1
and do you think it stops with summer? nooo...sweaters. they even have this style in sweaters! i thought i'd finally escape it when fall rolled around; but no, its still going strong. luckily its not the only thing out there but it sure dominates. let me be the designer. owell. im over it. ;D

1 comments:

~Stappsters~ said...

Laura,

I love your blog! I will be checking back about your call. You're so super duper cool!

Love,
Caryn