CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

today on my break i read a talk by Elder Bowen, called "The Atonement can Clean, Reclaim, and Sanctify Our Lives from the October 2006 conference (its the issue i have in my car). it was a really great talk; just one of those that has stuck with me for the rest of the day and was really thought provoking. and made me think about a lot of things.
oh, and he talked about idaho falls and i could totally picture the areas 'cause ive been there!

a couple quotes from his talk...

"The Atonement of Jesus Christ is available to each of us. His Atonement is infinite. It applies to everyone, even you. It can clean, reclaim, and sanctify even you. That is what infinite means—total, complete, all, forever."

he also cited Pres. Packer, "There is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostasy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the atonement of Christ" ("The Brilliant Morning of Forgiveness," Ensign, Nov. 1995, 20).

and he also added Alma 7:11-13.
my scripture for the day.
i love the gospel, i know the church is true. every day has challenges and opportunities.
im grateful that we have inspired church leaders and to know my Heavenly Father loves me. and i know he loves everyone. thats a comforting thought. He knows me, even with all the millions of people and what is going on in so many lives and situations. yet he knows me and he hears my prayers and knows how i am feeling and my intents and goals, struggles and successes, and He has known me forever. and then i think about how He knows that for every single person that same way, and we are all loved by Him.


0 comments: